Wednesday, June 30, 2010

June 2010 Update

I have not added anything to this blog for a while so here are a few updates of what has been going on in my life.

Firstly I am no longer doing any tourist guiding. After a very exhausting 4 day tour up the Garden Route recently I have decided that it is time to move on. The money one earns compared to the time and effort one has to put in, is really just not worth it. I am now concentrating full time on Photography.

I have upgraded my studio equipment with extra studio lights, new backdrops and a new setup. I also do a lot of combined studio shoots with another photographer, Fiona Byrns. I often move my lights etc to her house as she has much more space than mine and also an area with nice natural lighting. We work very well together and have had some stunning results. I have also upgraded my camera to a Canon 50D which is built more for punishing everyday use.

No comments:

Black Shouldered Kite

Black Shouldered Kite
Taken with Sigma 150-500 OS lens

Lioness

Lioness
Addo Elephant Park, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Caracal

Caracal
AKA "Rooikat". Addo Elephant Park, Eastern Cape, South Africa

Winter Surfer

Winter Surfer
Table View, Cape Town, South Africa

Eric Harley leading off.

Eric Harley leading off.
Barrier Buttress, Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa